COVID-19 Health & Safety
Bartec Fire Safety Systems has been deemed an essential service by the Provincial Authorities due to the life safety nature of our business. With respect to COVID 19, we are changing the way we do business in order to do our part in Flattening the Curve. To protect the health and well being of our staff, clients and the general public, Bartec Fire Safety is implementing the following initiatives.
Nonessential office staff are working from home. Our technicians are diligently working to ensure we continue to deliver life safety services to our clients as required by the BC Fire Code and local Fire Departments while respecting social distancing of six feet and continually hand washing and sanitizing their tools and vehicles. Our offices are now closed to the public. Our office and business hours remain Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and we can be reached at 604-774-8320 or email@example.com.
Bartec Fire Safety will continue to be available for after hours emergency service 24/7. Just call 604-774-8320 and your message will be forwarded to a Bartec service technician who will respond promptly.
Attention all building owners and management companies:
On March 20th 2020 the Office of the Fire Commissioner of BC as well as Vancouver Fire Rescue Services ( the Vancouver Fire Department) have issued directives based on the Provincial fire code to the fire safety industry requiring them to continue to conduct fire safety testing with in-suite devices optional.
Bartec Fire Safety has reached out to all the local fire departments and the message back is that annual inspections, service and repairs to fire and life safety equipment must continue. Bartec Fire Safety will continue to conduct the annual fire safety testing under these guidelines as well as all necessary repairs and emergency service. We will be taking all necessary precautions to safeguard our technicians and the residents health.
To all Bartec field technicians:
Please protect yourself, your family and your co-workers by following these steps.
- Please keep your distance from others. Stay 1-meter away from the people you meet
- Do not shake hands.
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- When you enter a building please ask the manager if there is anyone in the building in self quarantine
- When you enter a suite please ask the people in the apartments if they are in quarantine, if yes do not enter, mark the unit as no access and note why.
- If the apartment owner assures, they are okay ask them to respect the 1-meter rule.
- When leaving the building please use the disinfectant wipe provide to you.
- When you come to the office please go the washroom and wash your hands before you do anything else.
- Remember to disinfect your phone, radios and surfaces in your trucks.
The Office will be increasing the cleaning of surfaces. Every morning I will be going around the office disinfecting the phones and other surfaces.
I must ask you to use your own judgement if you develop the symptoms of the virus.
Common symptoms for COVID-19 include
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
How can I prevent getting infected?
The most important thing you can do to prevent infection is to wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth. You can also practice respiratory etiquette and social distancing.
To help reduce your risk of infection
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection
- If a sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Follow good respiratory etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
- Avoid crowded public spaces and places. Examples include mass gatherings, such as concerts and sporting events. Examples do not include hospitals (for healthcare workers) and schools
- Maintain social distancing by keeping at least a 2-metre distance between yourself and others
- Avoid shaking hands
HNE New Line of Disinfectant Spray Products
The Carbon DS
The Carbon DS is a portable device for disinfection and decontamination. Its high capacity of 13 litres and low weight due to its carbon body make it ideal for mobile use.
The high working pressure of the Carbon DS helps to reach further and to clean deeper than comparable devices. 38 bar are unprecedented in a portable device like this!The system comes with a carrying handle and equipped with a backpack.
The Carbon DS Light
The Carbon DS Light is a portable disinfection system.
Due to its carbon vessel it offers high stability, pressure resistance, low weight and is corrosion free. With a filling volume of 6 litres the system only weighs 12 kg which makes it ideal as a portable device inside of buildings or in hard-to-reach areas!