To all Bartec field technicians:
Please protect yourself, your family and your co-workers by following these steps.
- Please keep your distance from others. Stay 1-meter away from the people you meet
- Do not shake hands.
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- When you enter a building please ask the manager if there is anyone in the building in self quarantine
- When you enter a suite please ask the people in the apartments if they are in quarantine, if yes do not enter, mark the unit as no access and note why.
- If the apartment owner assures, they are okay ask them to respect the 1-meter rule.
- When leaving the building please use the disinfectant wipe provide to you.
- When you come to the office please go the washroom and wash your hands before you do anything else.
- Remember to disinfect your phone, radios and surfaces in your trucks.
The Office will be increasing the cleaning of surfaces. Every morning I will be going around the office disinfecting the phones and other surfaces.
I must ask you to use your own judgement if you develop the symptoms of the virus.
Common symptoms for COVID-19 include
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
How can I prevent getting infected?
The most important thing you can do to prevent infection is to wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth. You can also practice respiratory etiquette and social distancing.
To help reduce your risk of infection
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using soap and water is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection
- If a sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then ABHR to effectively clean them
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Follow good respiratory etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
- Avoid crowded public spaces and places. Examples include mass gatherings, such as concerts and sporting events. Examples do not include hospitals (for healthcare workers) and schools
- Maintain social distancing by keeping at least a 2-metre distance between yourself and others
- Avoid shaking hands